Deleting important data, especially photos is one of the most irritating situations. No doubt, the latest devices have the option of saving data with cloud-based backup from iCloud to Google Photos, but a hurried movement of fingers can cause wiping out your entire photo gallery.
In the post, we discuss how to recover accidentally deleted photos from iPhone. The deletion may be different i.e. accidental deletion, human error, physical damage, iOS update, jailbreak, factory reset, etc. We will discuss different methods for recovering deleted photos from iPhones including all versions i.e. iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus/Pro/Pro Max, and so on.
How to Find Deleted Photos on iPhone Using Photos App?
You will find a native pre-installed Photos app on your iPhone for storing photos and images. It couldn?t be deleted, because it is the part of main storage location. By default, it is including with several albums i.e. ?All Photos?, people, places, and so on. You will also find a folder ?Recently Deleted?, so it is quite easy to search your deleted photos with the help of arranged albums. Simply follow the given steps;
- Press the ?Library? tab to open it, and you will find all of your visual data arranged date-wise in folders according to specific criteria.
- Tap on the ?Albums? tab and view all of your photos arranged in categories i.e. selfies, portraits, screenshots, imports, animated, recent photos, and so on.
- Tap to the search option, and enter keywords to search your photos.
- Next, tap on the ?Recently deleted photos? option at the bottom of the app.
- Press the ?Select? option for choosing the photos you required.
- On completing selecting option, click the ?Recover? option.
- You are ready to get back your deleted photos.
How to Recover Photos on iPhone Using iPhone Backup?
In some situations, the deleted photos couldn?t be possible to recover using the ?Recently deleted? option from the Photos app i.e. physical damage to your phone. You need to follow the given steps;
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Unlock the device, and click on the ?Trust? option.
- Click This PC > iPhone name > Internal Storage > DCIM > 100APPLE.
- The photos and videos stored on your phone will appear on the PC screen.
- Select photos, and copy them for transferring to your PC.
How to Recover Photos on iPhone Using Data Recovery Software?
If the backup of the iPhone is not effective for the purpose, you have the option to use data recovery software for the purpose. In fact, very few software for recovering photos are available. You can select anyone that perfectly matches your device. You need to follow the given steps;
- Download the app, you have selected, one thing is important, download the app for the Mac version.
- Use a wireless cable for connecting your iPhone to the MacBook.
- Unlock the mobile, launch the app, and click the iPhones & iPads tab from the app.
- Select iPhone from the given results list.
- Click the ?Search for lost data? option.
- Start the ?Scan? process.
- Click the ?Pictures? tab, view your required files, or narrow down the scanning results while entering the keyword of the file?s extension.
- Click on the icon to preview your data.
- Select the files by ticking the file box, and tap to ?Recover? button.
- Select the location for saving your files, and confirm your restoring process by clicking on the ?OK? button.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone Using iTunes?
iTunes is also the best solution for recovering deleted photos. It is used in two ways; restore your iPhone via iTunes and use a recovery tool in iTunes to restore your data. You can use it by following the given steps;
- Restore iPhone Data using iTunes Backup
- Use USB to connect your iPhone to your PC, and click the ?Trust? button.
- Go to iTunes, select the ?Device? icon to click ?Summary?.
- Tap on ?Restore Backup? for selecting backup.
- Tap on ?Restore? and start to recover photos.
Recover Photos on iPhone using Recovery Tool in iTunes
- Download a recovery tool, and connect your iPhone with your computer.
- Start the tool, and select ?Recover from iTunes Backup?, and next select ?iTunes Backup?.
- In case of iTunes encrypted backup, enter your password to unlock iTunes, click on ?Continue? button.
- The tool will start auto-scanning process for restoring your lost data.
- On completing scanning process, preview your data, select the files you want tp restore, and click on ?Recover? option.
How to recover your Deleted Photos on iPhone using iCloud?
You can use iCloud backup also for recovering permanent deleted photos. One thing is important; you have to remove the content and settings of iOS device. You need to follow the given steps;
- Open Settings, and go to General and next ?Reset? option.
- Reset your iPhone from the option ?Erase All Content and Settings?.
- Go to ?Apps & Data? page, and select ?Restore from iCloud Backup? to set up your iPhone.
- Use your Apple ID to sign in, and tap to ?Select Backup?.
- Restore your photos while selecting most recent iCloud backup.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone using Third-party Services?
You can restore photos with the help of third-party services, if your iPhone has backed up with OneDrive, Google Photos, or Dropbox. Here we are giving detail of recovering your photos using Google Photos for 60 days. You need to follow given steps;
- Unlock your iPhone, and go to Google Photos.
- Click Trash option from ?Library? option.
- Select photos for recovering, and tap to ?Restore? option, and transfer your data to your required location.
How to Recover Deleted Photos on iPhone using Mac?
You can recover your photos on iPhone on Mac by following the given steps;
- Tap to ?Show in Finder? option on your MacBook screen.
- Use USB to connect your iPhone with your computer.
- Click on ?Trust? option from sidebar of Finder.
- A prompt will appear to ask you enter password.
- Select iPhone from the left sidebar of Finder.
- Tap to ?Restore Backup? button.
- Select the backup version, and enter your passcode.
- Click ?Restore? option, and wait for few seconds to complete restoring process.
How to Recover Photos on iPhone on Windows?
You can use Windows data recovery application i.e. Dr.Fone by Wondershare for recovering your photos on iPhone. You need to follow the given steps;
- Download the software and install it while following the on-screen instructions.
- Use USB to connect your iPhone to your PC.
- Launch the app, and select ?Recover iOS Data? option.
- Wait for while, the app detect your iPhone, and start scanning while clicking on ?Start Scan? button.
- Take a preview of deleted photos from ?Camera Roll? option on the left side of the screen.
- Select the photos, you want to recover, click on ?Restore to Device? option, and let the Dr.Fone to retrieve your data.
How to Recover Photos on iPhone using Message App?
You have the choice of retrieving your photos with the help of messaging app. it can help you, if you have shared photos from any IM app i.e. Whatsapp, Viber, etc, and maybe it is still existed on the server of the app. it may lose the quality of photo, if the app compress it, but you can get it back.
How to Recover Photos from a damaged iPhone?
The methods discussed above are related to an active iPhone for recovering your device. But, in case of a damage device, you need to take some professional?s help to fix physical damage, and use corresponding techniques to recover your lost data. Unlike, above methods, you may have to pay for recovering your data, and maintenance of your device.
How to save iPhone from losing photos
All of us, as user of iPhone take proper care of our phone to make it safe and losing of any data. Especially, if we have an experience of such situation. It is better to take some precautions to avoid a disaster strike. We have given some of them below.
First important thing is to register your iPhone with Apple?s iCloud service, as the cloud storage helps you to store your photos, documents, Find my Phone, etc. it enables you to create a local backup for your iPhone using iTunes or Finder.
Use Multiple Services
Along iCloud, you can also use some other backup services i.e. Mega, Google Photos, etc. these services helps you to ?backup to backup?. Mega also offers 50GB free online storage to store your data.
Save from Kids
Try to save your iPhone from kids, as they can delete your photos or other important data by mistake. It is better to lock your iPhone using Touch ID or Face ID, it will also help you to avoid skipping of your data.
Jailbreaking is no doubt, an amazing activity to help you to get a lot of apps and tweaks. But, the function can cause lose of your data especially photos.
Use your Phone Carefully
Use your phone more reliably, and make your gestures safe and secure, as a little wrong swipe or finger touch can cause of deleting your photos from your iPhone
So friends, we have explain multiple methods for retrieving your deleted photos on iPhone. It is upon you what procedure suits you, as you have multiple options i.e. Recently Deleted album that helps you to retrieve your photos of last 30 days, backup options, third-party services, etc. all the procedures are simple, and requires not any extra professional skill.
Is it possible to retrieve the permanently deleted photos of iPhone?
Yes, you can read the article given above for the purpose, as there are multiple ways of retrieving your photos from iPhone.
Where the deleted photos go on iPhone?
The deleted photos are gone to ?Recently Deleted? folder, from where you can retrieve your dat within 30 days.
Can I recover deleted photos on my iPhone without using a computer?
Yes, you need to go ?recently deleted? option from the Photos app, if the photo you desired has been recently deleted, otherwise, you can take help from iCloud to detect your lost photos.?